Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Big changes

I know its been quite awhile since I posted on here so I thought I'd update all of you on whats been going on with us.

In case some of you hadn't heard or weren't made aware, Shawn and I are going through a divorce. I now rent a house in San Jacinto, which is about 15 minutes away from Beaumont. I have the kids 4 days a week, and Shawn has them the rest of the week. There has been ALOT of recent drama that I won't go into, but we are all doing well and slowly adjusting to new things.

For all you readers who were friends with me on Facebook, I deleted my profile. The back and forth of everything that is going on has been enough stress without feeling like people were trying to make more drama for me, so I thought it best to delete it. Hopefully I can be back soon when things go back to normal. Until then, I'm attemping to be drama free if AT ALL possible!

Nolan is doing well in school, he got all A's on his recent progress report! He is FINALLY grasping the idea of identifying numbers and letters and has really taken off! He loves flashcards and working in his workbooks and writing his letters. I know he will do very well next year in Kindergarten. We have had some behavior issues at school, but I am hoping it has alot to do with the school and will not be an issue with him next year. He gets in trouble ALOT because they are very strict. And when he gets in trouble, even for very minor things, he crys. When he crys at school kids call him a baby. And then he fights with them. And then he gets in trouble and the whole cycle continues. I think he will do much better in a less rigid environment and I hope public school will provide that for him.

Paige is also doing very well in school. She knows her colors, is learning her letters and numbers so as not to be upstaged by her big brother! She gets more girly by the day, but she is still tough as nails and growing like a weed. She can't be stopped! Daddy is teaching her to ride her quad all by herself and she loves doing it.

Caleb is still Caleb with all his quirks! He STILL refuses to potty train. YES, he will be 4 in July, YES he still doesn't care if he has a full load in his pants, and YES I am tired of buying diapers!!! But he doesn't care. He is no longer going to his little school because I have no way of getting him there, it was too far away. He doesn't seem to miss it, but we all know how he rarely remembers anything anyways. He just chugs right along, happy as long as he gets what he wants. He is still all about music and being the baby. It's so refreshing that some things never change.

I am getting by. I am no longer at dispatch. Thats a long story that I won't go into. But I am still with the Sheriff's Department. I work at the Hemet station in the office. I'm lucky to have a job, at least thats what I keep reminding myself. I really miss dispatch.

In other news, the kids and I got a dog. All of the other dogs are with Shawn and the cat is with me. I have ALWAYS wanted a Saint Bernard, so I started looking to rescue and adult one, and after looking for about a month we found a perfect match. His name was Bruno, we changed it to Goliath. He is 2 years old and has the most wonderful personality. He loves the kids, always wants to play with the cat and never tries to bite him even when the dumb cat deserves it, and he makes me smile. Which is nice. He had a bad infection last week from being fixed but we got him all taken care of and now he is back to being as happy as ever. He's a great addition to us.

Since I'm not on Facebook anymore, I'll try and keep this more updated on what we are up to. I have some pictures to download. I'll get to it soon.


Meet Goliath!

Jesse still wasn't too sure about the dog...


2 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY for updating the blog. I don't get to see you ever so this is my only way into your world. Sounds like some major things are happening but they are all going in a good direction. I am happy for that. Hopefully we can keep in contact. I miss you. Keep updating so I know what's going on.

Christen said...

Hello! Sounds like you and the kids are doing well!! Love the dog he is a cutie! My friend Shannon will be starting a supervisor position at the hemet station in a week. Caleb sounds just like my little Kathy was. Just doing her own thing.. not really interested in school or learning. She was really into music so I would sing everything she needed to learn. She loved it and remembered it. Once she got it she was fine with school and learning. Now she has A (advanced) in everything.

Christen
christen63@yahoo.com