Saturday, January 23, 2010

Down with the sickness...

**In honor of my days of listening to the band Disturbed (they have a song called Down With The Sickness).

Anyways the real meaning of that title is that this house is FULL of sickness!!

Wednesday afternoon, Nolan threw up in my bed while taking his nap. Boy was that fun to clean up. He had just had a PB&J sandwich, mandarin oranges and cheetos for lunch...yum yum. Thursday night, around 1:30 AM, I got sick and didn't stop making half-hourly trips to the toilet until 6:30 AM. I was weak and had a very sore body all day. On Friday Paige threw up on the table at lunch and then again in her bed at naptime. Poor Shawn was running around taking care of us sicky's all day!

So far today no vomiting. Here's hoping Shawn and Caleb stay healthy and whatever bug was in this house has quickly made it's exit without infecting anyone else! In the mean time, Shawn and I will be missing our 1/2 Marathon that we have been planning since October. We had planned to stay the night in Carlsbad tonight and be ready for the run at 7:30am tomorrow, however since I'm still not sure if Caleb may get sick or not, and who knows if any of us are still contagious...I figured better safe than sorry. I don't want this flu to get to anyone else (especially the people who we begged to watch our kids - wouldn't want to burn any bridges!). Not to mention I've hardly eaten in 2 days...I doubt I'd be breaking any speed records!

So that's the news from our camp. Good thing it snowed and rained all day yesterday so we wouldn't have been able to go anywhere even if we had wanted to!

No comments: