Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another resolutions post...

It's that time of year again. So I clicked on my resolutions from 2009, and found that I actually had done them! I started going to the gym, I do eat much better, we waste much less and I have cleaned all my hiding spots. But they are back in shambles again, as so many things do, so I guess I should re-do that resolution! Here they are for this year:

Less swearing. I don't swear around the kids, and when I am not around the kids I have gotten much better. The goal for this year is no swearing. At all. It's an unnecessary, ignorant and disgusting habit that needs to go.

Healthy eating. Now that I am in Riverside so much for Caleb's school and we leave so early in the morning, I eat out. Every time. I need to wake up a few minutes earlier and pack my lunch. No more french fries, they are going straight to my thighs.

Patience with my kids. They are getting older, acting silly and generally annoying me when my nerves are at their thinnest. I really need to work on taking a few deep breaths and reminding myself that they are children and to let them be.

More time with God. I have devotionals and such to read, but I don't always get to them every day. My plan is to read the entire bible this year. There is a daily reading in the back of my bible with what verses to read each day to get you through the bible by the end of the year. Today is day 2, I'm already behind, but I'm starting tomorrow!

More alone time with Shawn. Usually on the rare ocassion we get a babysitter to leave the house, it is to go to a friends house/party/birthday dinner etc. VERY rarely is it just for the two of us to do something alone. Dinner and a movie just us has not happened in at least 2 years. Not good. We have made a commitment to date nights once a month.

Thats' pretty much it!! Here's to sticking to it!!