Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where does the time go.....?!

Can't believe it's been SO LONG since I posted! Here's whats new:

Nolan is still busy in school on Mondays and Wednesdays. He also goes to his Awana Cubbies class every Wednesday night and learns bible verses. He loves it, and is doing so well! Thursdays he goes to bible study while I am in bible study while Caleb is in school (you catch all of that?). His teachers always tell me how good he is and how well he tells all of the other kids to clean up. I have a future supervisor on my hands!

Paige is growing like crazy and keeping right up with her big brother. She gets to play in the Kids Klub at the gym while her brothers are in school and I work out. She LOVES going there' "I like ah gym. I color a paper and play my frenz (friends). I play in ah kitchen. I like ah gym." So cute! She also loves her bible study class on Thursdays, and her teachers tell me "She is so good! So grown up!". More and more I notice that she seems closer in age to Nolan than to Caleb.

Caleb is doing much better in school, and has been consistently giving his lunchbox to his teacher. Progress! He is also crying much less and actually seems to like going there now. "I LUH SKOO!" (I love school). He is also talking up a storm, and copying my every word! He has an appointment with Loma Linda for an Occupational Therapy evaluation this Friday. There are some specifics that I see him needing help with, and I don't think the school can focus on the details with so many kids in the class, so since our insurance covers it, I figure why not? He doesn't seem to be growing! It's so sad, he actually still fits in all his pants from last year! Not his shirts, just the pants. Paige and Nolan's pants from last winter look like shorts on them! My poor lil' mini!

I am doing my best to stay sane in all this driving around taxi-mom chaos that has been my life these past 2 months. On Mondays I have Alex again, which makes me so happy! Tuesdays; Nolan, Paige and I go to the gym. Wednesdays; just Paige and I go and Thursdays; Nolan Paige and I go to bible study. So we are occupied now while Caleb is in school. Shawn and I are doing a half-marathon in January, so I signed up for the gym, both to get fit for that and to keep myself out of Target spending money while Caleb is in school! I am running all over Beaumont on the days I am not at the gym. It's hard, but really fun! I'm super surprised at how far I can run now.

Other than that, life has been pretty non-exciting, which is how I prefer it. I think I've had enough excitement the past 3 years to last me quite a while. I'll take all the boredom I can get...while it lasts!

***My 10-year high school reunion was 2 weeks ago.

And I felt old.

I don't want to talk about it ;)

2 comments:

Tonda and Charlee said...

your family is so cute :) and Caleb will grow hes bigger than Chad was... well he may be bigger than Chad now and if he doesnt grow then Chad will just have a friend his size to hang out with :)

Michelle said...

Yes, bored is so great sometimes! Glad to see a new post, I am so far behind on mine also. Looks like you rocked your 10 year girl...you look great!!