After looking through my camera, I realized I have quite a few pictures that need to be posted!! Here's what's been going on here at our camp:
Nolan is trucking along in school, Awana's, and at all his other activities. He has been excpetionally whiny and attitude-y lately...guess it comes with the age. I am pretty good at dealing with it most days, but by the end of the day I have had quite enough and can hardly wait to get him in bed and out of earshot!! He is so matter-of-fact about EVERYTHING! Yesterday he said he needed a tissue so I told him to go get one from the bathroom. He came back and said there weren't any, so I told him to use toilet paper. He proceeded to tell me "No mom! That's for booties and weenies, NOT NOSES! GROSS!". Yikes! He also got in trouble at school today for telling his teacher "No", and cutting his hair! That's the first time he's done that! I can't tell at all, since his hair is so crazy anyways...let's hope he doesn't try it again!
A few weeks ago (okay, last month, I told you, it's been awhile since I have uploaded the camera!), Shawn's work had a Bicycle Rodeo in the parking lot of the station. The kids bring their bikes, get a new helmet, have their bike checked by a police officer for safety, and then they get to ride through some cone patterns. Nolan had a blast!!
Daddy and his co-workers did some cone patterns too!
Paige continues to be drug along with me as I carpool the boys back and forth to school. She really enjoys going to the Kid's Klub at the gym while I work out. If she sees an LA Fitness on the side of the freeway she starts screaming "I WANT GO GYM PLAY MY FRENZ!!!!". We notice her looking more and more like their birth mother the older she gets. She's getting so pretty!
Caleb still holds stong in his position as "my challenge". He is doing well in school from what they say, but at home he continues to be ALOT of work. Especially when we go anywhere. However, he is talking up a storm and saying the funniest stuff - including telling the dog "Shut up Drydon!", just like mommy....time to really watch my mouth! He is still a huge clutz, and yesterday at school he tripped while getting out of his chair, and smacked his eye on the table. The teacher called me and felt so bad. I guess I am used to it with him...he just doesn't look like himself without some kind of nasty bruise somehwere on his face!
We've all had a bit of that nasty cold bug that's been going around, but other than that, things have been pretty mellow. We had a bunch of people over to the house for the UFC fights last weekend, and the kids had a blast playing with all of their friends. We also went to the San Diego Zoo with Uncle Trevir, Auntie Steph and cousin Landin, which the kids still haven't stopped talking about! They have this whole section just for kids, with animals more close up for them to see, and play equipment...they loved it there.
And I just had to post these because I was so darn proud of them! I made them to take to a friends house on Monday where we all went to watch Monday Night Football. Well not ALL of us watched it, just Shawn. I watched our kids tear up the poor VanGorder's house (sorry guys!!). Anyways, I saw them online and thought they looked super cute and easy...and they were!
Owl Cupcakes! Just chocolate cupcakes and frosting, some Oreos, separated, brown M&M's and a cany corn. What a hit! Minimal effort, maximum result - my favorite!!
Halloween costumes coming soon...and boy are they ever cute!
***And this one I have for blackmailing purposes. Not that either of them actually go in their potties anymore. They decided they are more fun to play with than pee in. Looks like it's a few more months of diapers for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment