Friday, September 11, 2009

Ever ask "Why me?"...

I have made my fair share mistakes in my life. There are things I've done that I would be way too embarrassed to ever post here. I'm not always a perfect Christian. I curse way too often, I can be self absorbed, I'm not always honest (especially when I don't want to hurt someones feelings, or cause an argument), among other things. However, one quality I do have, is the ability to see the good in every situation. I usually take most every hurdle in stride; I'm quick to say "Well, that sucked, but let's move along". I am not often negative, I do the best I can to get over things fairly quickly.

Times are hard now for almost everyone. I think now more than ever, people are wondering "Why me?". Why did my husband lose his job, why are we losing our home, why is all this bad stuff happening to me...etc. For quite a few years, it has been the exact opposite for me. I see so much of the good things in my life and wonder "Why me?". What on earth did I do to deserve such an amazing amount of blessings? Like I said before, I have made many, many mistakes, I screw up all the time. And yet, my life just rolls right along with blessing after blessing. I have been given 3 amazing kids to raise, I have a hard working, supportive and loving husband, a wonderful family and friends who are there in a heartbeat to help me out whenever I need them.

Don't get me wrong, some times the you-know-what hits the fan and I have a day or two of thinking that life sucks, but in general, no matter how bad things get, I realize how much worse they could be. And I am ever grateful for all that I've been blessed with despite the mounds of mistakes I've made in my life.

We are all so quick to ask "Why me?" whenever things are going bad. Like God has forgotten us, or doesn't care. But what about when things are good? Does anyone else stop and ask "Why me?" when good things are happening? Why hasn't my husband lost his job, why do we still have our home...etc? I was just thinking about this today and thought I'd share on here how important I think it is to look at all the good instead of always focusing on the bad. Let the media do that, we hear bad way too much. Let your own head noise be positive, and the next time something good happens, or you are feeling particularly blessed, ask "Why me?". And then thank the One who provides everything that you have (**whether you feel you deserve it or not!)!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well said! I'm always looking for the good and realizing when good things happen to us!

Michelle said...

I love this post!! Time are tough that's for sure, but it's that attitude that will get us through all things. I always say that if we look for the possitive as much as most people try and look for the negative the worls would be a much better place. We are so quick to see what we DON'T have instead of what we DO. You are blessed because we are not asked to be perfectm bit to just realize our mistakes and do the best we can. Love ya girl and thanks for this post!!

Tonda and Charlee said...

I always love your posts. I always try to think ot myself well things could be way worse

Tonda and Charlee said...

I have a blog now
http://tondalynk.blogspot.com/