Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My BIG BOY!


Just wanting to share a proud parent moment, especially since this is the first time for me too...Sky is going pee on the potty now!! We have been working at it for over a month now, and it took him awhile to understand why I kept making him sit on the Elmo Potty, and why he was wearing big boy undies and not diapers during the day. He had many accidents, but after about 2 weeks, I finally made it to the potty with him at just the right time, and HE PEED IN IT! After that, it was like the lights came on "So THAT'S why she keeps dragging me over here!" He got better and better at letting me know when he had to go, and we have had no accidents in 3 whole days! He still wears pull-ups when we go out, he doesn't like using the grown up toilet yet, and also when he sleeps. He also refuses to go #2, in the potty, but hey - it's a work in progress! He is so proud of himself, we have to call someone to tell them every time after he goes. Growing up is a beautiful thing - and so is spending less money on diapers! Woo Hoo!!

***No sooner did I type this than 15 minutes later...he POOPED in the Elmo potty! Oh the things I get excited about as a parent...LOL!***

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Congrats Skye! Marissa great job. I know I am scared to death to potty train. Keep up the awesome work.

Charlee said...

Yea!!! Potty training is hard but when they get it its the best feeling in the world and the day you can say good bye to the pull ups burring the day is another day to celebrate. Congrats!!