It seems like lately I have been posting alot of mushy-gushy stories about how thankful and blessed I am. I'm sorry. But here's another one. :)
Today, like all Mondays, I had Drew and Alex. They came at around 11. At 11:45 we left to go pick up Nolan from school. So my 2 babies and Alex are in the back and Drew sits in his carseat in the front seat by me. After we picked up Nolan I was going to drive-thru Burger King to get everyone some food, since we were having our playgroup over to swim, I didn't feel like making lunch. As we are driving there, all 5 kids are talking to me at the same time, at the top of their lungs, about 5 different things:
"I want fren fries"(Paige)
"I'm not going take a nap"(Nolan)
"That frog baby is knocking over my chair Rissa"(Alex)
"Lookalooka da cows!"(Caleb)
"Rissa I am going swimming when I go to your house and I can play with the squirt gun and not Alex?"(Drew).
And I started laughing!
And then I started crying.
Because I look back into my review mirror and see 4 of the cutest faces in the world, and one sitting right next to me and I realize just how truly blessed I am. Really, my life couldn't possibly be any more filled with love and blessings. How on earth does someone like me get to care for this bunch of wonderful, amazing kids?! So I start crying. And then I start thinking about how hard Drew and Alex's mom struggles to support her 3 kids, and then I start thinking about my kids birthparents and how, even though they may have made their fair share of mistakes, they are missing out on these everyday, incredible moments. And the tears start rolling.
God has truly, truly, given me more than I EVER thought I would have. And so I'm driving down Highland Springs Avenue, with a car full of yelling kids, laughing and crying, and saying a prayer of thanks to God for all that he has given me. My life is like a commercial :). I hope you all had a moment like mine today.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is a great story. I hope everyone has them. Sweet moment from Evelyn was she went to give Camille kisses goodnight and said I love you mille without prompting. It melts your heart. I am thankful for the girls even on days that are hard I have to remember hope lucky we are to have happy and healthy kids.
Your such a wonderful person and im so happy I know you!
I love it when Jack gets in trouble and Chad yells "Dont you mack my brother!"
I hope all your days are a commercial!! Love you and your tender heart and that is why you are blessed the way that you are!! MUAH!!
Post a Comment