Today we planned on going to Diamond Valley Lake. I had seen a flyer about a big Easter Egg Hunt taking place there from 10:30-1:00. I invited Trevir and Landin (Stephanie had to work :( ) and though it would be fun for everyone. We arrived there at 10:40, only to find out that they already did the egg hunt! Apparently they let the flock of kids into the egg hunt areas right at 10:30 and let every kid get as many eggs as they want until they are all gone! We saw kids with 50+ eggs!! Trevir found a worker who gave us about 12 eggs and we hid them for the kids to find, but we almost got swarmed by other families who were also just arriving and wanting eggs for their kids! I had to tell them we were just re-hiding them for OUR kids! Whoever ran that should really reconsider having hunts every 30 minutes or something. People were still arriving as we were leaving. How disappointing for so many kids!
Once we got home from the crappy egg hunt, my mom set up egg dying cups and the kids dyed eggs together. Landin, just like his daddy before him, dropped the eggs from as high as he could into the cups for maximum splash and egg cracking! They all had a great time. Then Nana hid some eggs in the front yard for them to find. It was a fun day for the kids and they loved it.
Proof that I do exist...since I'm never in any pictures
Nana and her grandkids
No comments:
Post a Comment