Friday, March 19, 2010

WOOSH!

Time has just flown right by me these past few weeks! Believe it or not, I'm almost done with the academy!! I have passed every test I've taken, with my lowest score being a 91%...not bad! Next Tuesday is our final and graduation, and Wednesday we take care of some last minute stuff, I'm off Thursday and the Friday I start!! I am sitting with my trainer for 6-8 weeks, until he thinks I'm good enough to be on my own. I'm ready, excited and a little nervous too.

The kids are finally adjusted to my not being home as much. Nolan was giving the babysitter a run for her money the first two weeks, but I set up a behavior and reward chart for her to do with him daily and he straightened right up. My children are so easily bribed by cheap toys and candy!!

Nolan is doing well in school and growing up so fast. The other day he was talking back and I told him "You better watch yourself" and he said "How can I watch myself momma, I'm only 4 old!". What could I possibly say in response to that!

Paige is now the proud owner of a "big-girl bed"! After 2 years of a mis-match-thrown-together-hand-me-down bedroom, she finally has a nice bedroom set. A little twin bed, nightstand, dresser and bookshelf. She is so proud. "I hab a big-girl bed like Nonan! I big girl!". What a little doll!

Caleb is _____. It changes from minute to minute, so I am having a hard time filling in the blank! He was good today. And yesterday. The rest of the week he scratched the heck out of Paige, head butted me and threw his cup at his brother. Just when I start to think he is doing better, he starts in again. It seems to be never ending. He has this magical charm, he can be SO rotten, and minutes later be the sweetest little thing you've ever seen, causing you to immediately forget the fat lip he just gave you. After getting mad and smacking me across the face, he holds my face in his hands and says "I sowy momma, es ok momma, don cry, thas a no no, no hitting the momma, be nice boy, es ok." He knows what he's done wrong, so that's a start. The other day Shawn asked him something and he said "What are you talking about daddy?". Clear as day. I love this age when they are learning to really communicate with you.

Until they start communicating with each other.

Which means fighting.

Which drives me up a wall. But doesn't it every parent?!

**Recent pics from Glamis trip (where Caleb threw a nearly 5 hour long fit), and from my county tour with my classmates!





2 comments:

Charlee said...

Have they sent you to a neurologist or a psychologist for Caleb yet? We found Breven is a bit mis-diagnosed and are working on a new plan and found out he is very explosive and sets off fast and can't stop it

The Gurganious Family said...

He has been to Neurology and they diagnosed him mild autism, but IRC still says it's not autism it's Sensory...so they are giving me a referral to a psychologist before he turns 3, because if it IS mild autism, he stays on with IRC even after age 3. So we'll see!