2 weeks ago, we stayed at Shawn's co-workers time share in Dana Point for 5 days. It was awesome, we had a wonderful time. We took the kids to the beach every day (and then to the pool to rinse off the sand ;)). They love staying in hotels.
We came home on a Thursday and on Thursday evening Shawn and I left with friends to spend the weekend in Laughlin at the river. We stayed in a hotel and spent two full days (9am to 7pm) on the river. It was relaxing and exactly the break we both needed.
After the river, Nolan went to stay in Fresno with my parents for the week. He loved helping my dad outside with the donkeys. They also took him to a zoo to feed giraffes, which is right up his alley. I think the kids is destined to be a zoo keeper someday; he has an animal obsession!
Caleb started school last week and is doing very well according to his teachers. He hasn't cried one time when I leave and today he even handed his treasured lunchbox to the teacher when I told him to! Progress!! I am enjoying my alone time with Paige. She is so quiet when the boys aren't around. Today Paige, Nolan and I did some quick shopping and then ate a picnic lunch in the park while we waited for Caleb to be done with school. They had a great time.
I signed up for a Mom's Group in the Riverside area, so that I can get new ideas on things to do for the next year while we are spending more than half the week out there. We meet them next week at Chuck E Cheese, so they can see that we are not nuts and let us join. Paige will be in heaven (as long as Chuckee keeps his distance. She hates him.).

This past Sunday, the kids were dedicated at church. The pastor said a blessing for them and our family and made a promise that as a church they would remain diligent in teaching them about God. My parents gave the babies crosses to hang on their walls and Nolan got a statue of Jesus, which he kisses goodnight now after his prayers. "Dear Jesus, thank you for mommy, daddy, bubba, nony, my animals, my house and my toys. Oh and all the food you make for me. I love you, amen". Melts my heart! My grandparents gave them childrens bibles. I read Nolan the story of creation out of his last night, and I just love the way that it's worded. He really seemed to grasp it more than the Precious Moments childrens bible I have read to him. So cute.
2 comments:
very cute update! Your kids are all so cute! and you shouldnt have to worry about the mouse unless there is a party thats the only time he usally comes out and if you are going to the Moreno Valley Chuck E Cheese is the best one for toddlers
Thanks Tonda!
Post a Comment